Rat (1972,1984,1996)You are still trying to recover after last year, and if you struggle, you just might. It will be a struggle, though. Take time off and go fishing.
Ox (1973, 1985, 1997) Not a good year. Take up yoga, learn to relax. You can’t take it with you, so spend a little money this year and enjoy it while you’ve got it.
Tiger (1974,1986,1998)Time to go traveling again. Disastrous year for you financially. Hide some under the mattress before the sheriff comes around – you’re gonna need it.
Hare/Cat (1975, 1987, 1999) A quiet, contented year for you. Everyone else will be chasing their tail, but you will simply enjoy this year and finish it very relaxed and a little smug.
Dragon (1976, 1988, 2000) After the last couple of years, you’ll be grateful for the rest. Don’t waste it by trying to top the achievements of the last few years. Relax and remember.
Snake 1977, 1989, 2001) A year for many love affairs. Avoid financial ruin by going on dates. Use your logic and forget intuitive stuff this year if you can – things might just go wrong if you don’t.
Horse (1978, 1990, 2002) Much better year for you. Things are still frisky, but you’ll enjoy the challenges and excitement for once.
Goat/Sheep (1979, 1991, 2003)You might not get a better year, so you’d better enjoy it. Marvelous year for you, though, and there’s little that can go wrong.
Monkey (1980, 1992, 2004) What a good year for you. All your schemes work out. All your plans work out. Who dares, wins. And you certainly know how to dare!
Rooster (1981, 1993, 2005) At the end of the year you’ll look around, blinking and wondering how so much could go so wrong – and none of it will be your fault. Or will it?
Dog (1982,1994, 2006) Think before you speak. Rationalize before you act. Don’t burn any bridges. Be cautious. Be alert and be very, very slow to do anything. You might just survive this year intact.
Pig (1983, 1995, 2007)At last, Things seem to be a little better for you, the poor pig. Even love is waving on the horizon – or is it drowning.
Year Of The Goat
Bad Year For Finances For Everyone.
This Is The Year Of Major Stock Collapses.
Turn To Artistic Endeavors And Forget Money This Year.
Taken from Mix & Match Chinese Astrology by Richard Craze
Faced with all of the stress and pressures in my life, I have regressed back to the pleasures of my childhood in order to escape. And so I am surrounded on the one side by books and the other side with my computer.
I was a big reader has a child, just devouring books. The library has always been a safe house of sorts for me, a place I know that I could be safe at. And so now, I surround myself with books to read for the weekend:
- The Sum of All Fears, so I can read it before I watch the movie;
- The Asian American Century, a short book on Asian and American cultural relations;
- Road Warriors, a book on the new media and information markets;
- The Way of the Tiger, a book that looks familiar (I might have borrowed it from Suzanne’s grandmother, who has a nice collection of science books);
- HTML 4 for Dummies, because it was the only book that they had on HTML in stock;
- Inside Islam, something that more people in this country should study up on;
- Motorcycle Ride on the Sea of Tranquility, because I liked the cover (yes, sometimes I judge a book by it’s cover. Sue me);
- The Dragon De la Sangre, a tale of dragons that live among us;
- The Weblog Handbook, to seek out some advice on improving this literary creation of mine;
- Blackwood Farm, because there is nothing like the literary prose of Anne Rice to make me forget my troubles.
And then I have my computer. I remember my first computer, a Commodore Vic20. I remember playing games and typing programs out of….God, what was that magazine called. I can’t remember what it was called, but I do remember that I didn’t have a disk drive, but a tape drive. A cassette tape drive. Later I upgraded to a C-128. Well, my computer is a little faster than that old Vic20, but it will serve it’s purpose has I play games and type away.
And so I flee, to forget the pain, to forget the suffering. Will this be enough, though…
Mike is trying his best to cheer me up.
**sigh** I should be grateful, but inside I just keep thinking that I wish he would go away.
I am in the midst of another depression spell. Which means that I am having thoughts again of cutting myself.
I keep thinking back to the scene in The Royal Tenebaums when Luke Wilson went into the bathroom and tried to kill himself.
I won’t cut myself; I’m no where near that point. And hopefully, there won’t be any more surprises to push me to that point.
Still, with the V-Day holiday coming up, I know that I will be in this state at least for the next couple of weeks.
If I’m going to be depressed, I need to get my game face on so that people won’t bug me about it at work, like they already are.
Going to take a shower now to relax and to practice smiling.
So last year, I got Suzanne her on domain name and web space. A year later I get charged by her web host for another year’s worth of service. I don’t blame her because they automatically set it so that they will charge you automatically unless you turn it off at their site. The problem is that rent is due and right now I’m short. I also need that money to buy groceries. I’ve been trying to call Suzanne, but I can’t get a hold of her.
It’s not too bad. I think Mike can spot me the money to cover the rent, cause I’m only a little bit short. And if he can’t, then Mary offered to loan me the money. So I will get though this. It’s just the timing of the whole this that is stressing me out. Every little thing is stressing me and I guess it’s showing.
1. As a child, who was your favorite superhero/heroine? Why? It would have to be Batman. Superman and the other were all right, I guess, but Batman was something special. Maybe it was the mask and cape that helped. The utility belt and the cool vehicles certainly helped. I think mainly, it was because he was human, and not alien or meta-human or whatever. With no superpowers, using just his mind and weapons, he got the job done.
2. What was one thing you always wanted as a child but never got? The G. I. Joe USS Flagg Aircraft Carrier. Probably the greatest and one of the largest toys ever created in the 1980’s. Measuring in at 7+ feet, the USS Flagg was the aircraft carrier for G. I. Joe. The child in possession of this bad boy guaranteed his place of coolness with the other kids.
3. What’s the furthest from home you’ve been? From here in San Francisco, North would have to be Oak Harbor, WA when I went to look for an old friend of mine. South would be Newport Beach, CA when I went to see Mew. Or it could have been Catalina Island when I went for Spring Break. Not sure which one is further south. East would be Las Vegas, NV. when Suzanne and I went to her friend wedding. As for west, there isn’t too much west you can travel from San Francisco, but I did drive down highway 101 from WA to CA one time, and I’m sure that parts of it are west of San Francisco.
4. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to learn but haven’t yet? I’ve always wanted to learn how to play a guitar. Guys who play the guitar get chicks.
5. What are your plans for the weekend? I need to go grocery shopping. I was going to see a movie, but I think that I will nix that idea due to lack of funds. What else, I think that I might go to church also. Depends if I can get ready in time. And taking a whiff of the bathroom, looks like I’m cleaning that this weekend too. Happy Chinese New Year everybody!!!
With dinner ruined, I am officially giving up.
I took some codeine, so in a little while I will be totally out and put all of this day behind me.
Anybody else want to kick me while I’m down, I figure you got an hour, 2 tops.
One more day and this week will be over, thank god.
I guess I’m getting depressed again. People are asking questions; checking up on me and stuff. Whatever…
I should be at the store buying groceries, but I really don’t feel like leaving the house. So I guess I will cook the pork chops without the sweet/sour sauce. They should be good enough with just the marinate sauce; and tender too.
I want it all to end. Not sure what that is per se; whatever it is, I just want it to end.
**Sigh** Only I am stupid enough to try and starve myself during rush week.
I am so tired and drained. So I was suppose to cook pork chops tonight, but I still needed to get a few things. I was waiting on my paycheck to be direct deposited between 6-8p.m. so I could go to the store and get what I needed. Then I went to the bookstore and heard that one manager complained about getting their check deposited too early. So now our checks don’t get deposited until end of payday.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH GETTING PAID EARLY. IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD TIME TO GET PAID!!!
Anyway, I am going to cook one of the pork chop and use it for a burrito. It won’t the other pork chops to marinate for another day.
I am so tired though. I hope that I can stay away for American Idol.
At least I got my stuff fixed on my web site. Something accomplished.
I paid $1000 in interest on my student loans and all I’m getting back is $22!?!?
I’m gotta figure out what I did wrong here
**sigh** Why do I even try to find an interesting random journal. I know that all I will get is a stupid RPG journal.
Anyway, there is a break in the action here at work. The guys are gone to get all you can eat BBQ wings, so they’ll be gone for awhile. I have my cup ramen to keep me sated. Yum.
BTW, in case you didn’t know, this is one of the busiest times of the year for me, so if I don’t answer my phone, that’s why.
Still having problems with my site. Wanted to update it for Chinese New Years (It’s this Saturday). Hopefully, I can get things taken care of.
Mike is back from San Diego and the Super Bowl. Apparently his dad got 2 tickets from Tiffany’s Jewelers. Talking about the full package; Luxury Bus to the stadium, VIP breakfast and lunch, seats in the field level of the 45 yard line. The only celeberty that he saw was Evander Holyfield (He says that I’m the same height and build; whatever).
So tonight on Amer. Idol, they pick the 32 semi finalist. after this show, I know that my interest will start to wain(sp?). I only like seeing the auditions to see who’s good and who’s bad. Still, there are 2-3 weeks left of Joe Millionaire.
Got my tax info for my student loans. And if I am figuring everything out correctly, I’ll be getting $500 back. Thank God, I need this money to help me move in the summer. **sigh** I wish I could spend it on myself, for a new hard drive or something. But I know that I need to be focused on the long dist. picture.
Payday is tomorrow also. I wonder if I will have enough money to go see a movie. Is their anything out; I guess Chicago. I wonder if there is a 2nd run theather in S.F.; There has been a number of films I missed in the last couple of months.
What else? I need to goto the store and get stuff for the pork chops tonight. They have been marining (sp?) for a day now, so they should be pretty tender. Need to get some mushrooms, some sweet/sour sauce, and some milk for the mash potatos. Hopefully it won’t get too busy here at work so I won’t be too tired to cook all of this.
O.K. I need to get off. There is still paperwork and stuff that needs to get done.
You must be logged in to post a comment.