The Greyhound trip…

Well, it wasn’t as bad has I thought it would be. Tried to get Angie to take me to the bus terminal or at least to BART, but her meeting got rescheduled. So I decided to take a taxi, cause I really didn’t want to lug my luggage up the hill to the bus stop and then onto a bus and then onto BART. $25 to get from my house near SF State to the Transbay Terminal. Oy vey is all I have to say; thank god I don’t have to depend on a taxi to get around town or I would def. be broke.
So I get to the Greyhound terminal and it is just dirty and run down, with bums all over the place; your typical SF day. And there is a line that is not moving of people waiting to get their tickets. I’m glad I got their earlier than what I was planning too. So eventually I get my ticket, and I go and wait in line for my bus, but there is one that is leaving 30 min earlier and I get put aboard that one.
Well, the bus smelled funny, and there was a kid on board, but there were only 5 other people on the bus. So we went on our merry way, first to Oakland, then to Sacramento. It was interesting to have someone else drive through the traffic; it gave me alot of time to observe other drivers and take a look at the cities. I didn’t know that there was a lighthouse on Yebra Burena Island. And you wouldn’t believe all the nose pickers that I saw. The other interesting thing is that I could have sworn that I saw Amber Price’s brother, Ryan while we were stuck in traffic in Vallejo.
So I make it up to Sacramento 2 hours ahead of schedule. The Sacramento station is just a mess; people all over the place and no one knows what’s going on. I get in one of the lines hoping that it is the right line that I need to be in. In this line are some very angry people; just bitching and complaining. Oh man, I had to put up with an hour of this before the line started to move. I eventually get dumped on a bus, luckily it is an express bus that stops at fewer places. I ended up in a seat that didn’t recline sitting next to some guy from Stickton going to Vancouver, WA to see his family. I wish that I had gotten a seat next to the buisnessman with his laptop. Him and the people around him were watching Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within on DVD. Of course, there was a ghetto ass family on the bus that opened a huge bag of cornnuts, which stanked up the whole place. They did have a little girl with them, but she was well behaved and didn’t cry too much.
We drive up to Redding and make our first stop. At the bus stop, we find out that our bus is going to be a super express, meaning that we will only make a couple of 10min stops and go almost nonstop to Portland. I tried to get some slepp, but my seat didn’t recline, which sucked. Also, the guy next to me was bored and wouldn’t shut up. He was bugging me and his sisters; eventually, they told him to shut up. It was cool driving through Oregon, looking at the snow on the ground and passing through the cities.
We ended up in Portland around 4/5am. Compared to the other bus stations, Portland was like the Hilton or something. I decided to spend money on food and got some pancakes, bacon, toast, and coffee for $5. It was SO GOOD. Not sure if that was cause of the time I spent on the bus or what. I also blew some quarters on the Adams Family pinball game that they had there. I used to play that game all the time with Sam Arintok at Solano. Oh man, have I lost all of my pinball skills, I didn’t even get a replay.
So around 7am, we get back on another bus and head up to Tacoma, which too about 3hrs. So I ended up in Tacoma around 11am, 3 hours ahead of schedule. Overall, it wasn’t that bad of a trip and I should survive the trip back. **knock on wood**
Current mood:
Current music:

OMG, a guest! Quick, leave a coment!