1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?I am a somewhat organized person. I tend to leave things in categorical piles and groups. It’s those groups that are disorganized. In my room, for instance, I have a pile of bills and important paperwork, two piles of clothes separated by whites and colors, a pile of stuff that I wanted to put on my web site.
2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly? I used to be known for my planners, and always misplacing it. I kept one until I graduated from college; once the backpack was gone, it was too much to carry around. When I had it I would use it regularly, keeping dates, addresses, and appointments in it.
3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now? My desk at work is organized in the fact that I have a pile of paperwork for the warehouse move. It’s the stuff within the pile that needs to be organized. Actually, it’s not totally organized, the desk that it. The pen drawer needs to be cleaned and organized badly. Has for home, my computer files are somewhat organized. My picture files are in their folder by the event or topic of the pictures. I want to give keyword and categories to all the pictures. However that is an tall order when you have a CD’s worth of pictures.
4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter? It depends. Right now, my DVD collection is alphabetize, but my CD’s and books aren’t. Once I move, I will probably go through and alphabetize my CD’s and books. Well, not the books. The books I just usually organize by size and series.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to organize? That would easily be the accounting information at the warehouse. The accounting dept got kicked out of the house that they were using has their dept while the bookstore renovation was going on. SO all of the archive stuff got sent over to the warehouse in mass disarray. I have spent the last year trying to get some organization to it.
A 40-something rediscovering life in California