1. What’s the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country? The last out of state trip that I had was the trip up to my parent’s house for Xmas and back via Greyhound. The story of that bus ride of hell can be read here.
2. What’s the most bizarre/unusual thing that’s ever happened to you while
traveling? I would have to say that being at a Red Cross Shelter/Fair Grounds at 5am in the morning with some of the lowest common denominators of the human race was unusual.
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go? Hmm…I would say Australia, but isn’t it Winter down there right now? I think I would like to goto some tropical island in the Pacific and just relax and forget about almost everything. There are some things that the mind and the heart will never release.
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car? I don’t have a
preference. Right now the only time I go out of state is usually to go and see my family in Washington, so I fly Southwest. Southwest is cheap and I feel like a sheep when I get loaded up into one, but the 1.5 hour trip is just long enough that I in an o.k. condition when I land. Any more time in their cramp seats and then I think that I would be in a mood.
I don’t mind car trips either, just as long as there is some scenery to look at. Like the drive on Hwy 5 from S.F. to L.A. is brutal because it is just long and flat. I’d much rather drive up Hwy 5 to Oregon, which has different
sceneries to look at
Never ridden a train to a location, but am seriously thinking about it when I go see the family for Xmas. The only thing is that it could the same amount as a plane ticket and takes about as long has Greyhound takes.
5. What’s the next place on your list to visit? Going to
Washington state to see my parents next week.
[Listening to: Don’t Rush Me – Taylor Dayne – Greatest Hits (03:49)]