1. As a child, who was your favorite superhero/heroine? Why? It would have to be Batman. Superman and the other were all right, I guess, but Batman was something special. Maybe it was the mask and cape that helped. The utility belt and the cool vehicles certainly helped. I think mainly, it was because he was human, and not alien or meta-human or whatever. With no superpowers, using just his mind and weapons, he got the job done.
2. What was one thing you always wanted as a child but never got? The G. I. Joe USS Flagg Aircraft Carrier. Probably the greatest and one of the largest toys ever created in the 1980’s. Measuring in at 7+ feet, the USS Flagg was the aircraft carrier for G. I. Joe. The child in possession of this bad boy guaranteed his place of coolness with the other kids.
3. What’s the furthest from home you’ve been? From here in San Francisco, North would have to be Oak Harbor, WA when I went to look for an old friend of mine. South would be Newport Beach, CA when I went to see Mew. Or it could have been Catalina Island when I went for Spring Break. Not sure which one is further south. East would be Las Vegas, NV. when Suzanne and I went to her friend wedding. As for west, there isn’t too much west you can travel from San Francisco, but I did drive down highway 101 from WA to CA one time, and I’m sure that parts of it are west of San Francisco.
4. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to learn but haven’t yet? I’ve always wanted to learn how to play a guitar. Guys who play the guitar get chicks.
5. What are your plans for the weekend? I need to go grocery shopping. I was going to see a movie, but I think that I will nix that idea due to lack of funds. What else, I think that I might go to church also. Depends if I can get ready in time. And taking a whiff of the bathroom, looks like I’m cleaning that this weekend too. Happy Chinese New Year everybody!!!
A 40-something rediscovering life in California