1. Where do you currently work? I am currently the Warehouse Supervisor for the San Francisco State University Bookstore. According to my job description, “The Warehouse Supervisor ensures smooth operation of the Bookstore’s warehouse, superior handling of merchandise, certifies the accuracy of information processing as it applies to the prompt and accurate processing of merchandise, the pricing and distribution of all incoming goods, and maintains very open lines of communication with the store staff. Responsible for timely delivery of merchandise to the Bookstore and maintaining accurate warehouse inventories.”
2. How many other jobs have you had and where? Other jobs include: working at Baskin Robbins (Sen. Staff Leader), Solano Baking Company (Sales Clerk), the Pumpkin Patch at the former Nut Tree (Lead Games Attendant), at the teen center in Taegu, Korea (assistant), and for the 19th Theather Support Command in Taegu, Korea (office assistant).
3. What do you like best about your job? The fact that I am in charge and that I can run things my way without anyone looking over my shoulder.
4. What do you like least about your job? Although it pays well, it is a dead end job. There is really no where for me to go from here.
5. What is your dream job? A job where I would be paid well, have job security, work with computers, and would challenge me in some way.
A 40-something rediscovering life in California