I need to come up with some new user pics too.
Totally unexciting day today. After getting my ass out of bed, I washed up and headed to the library for an hour or so. Got 7 books total:
- Wild Seed – Written by the same author has Parable of the Sower; that Cobene-the-Bastard-ish book that I checked out last time.
- Blood Roses – Written by the same author has A Feast In The Night; book about the Vampire Saint-Germain
- Only In London – From one of the most highly regarded contemporary Arab writers, a wonderfully comic and touching novel about four people seeking love and liberty in London’s burgeoning Arab community.
- Brief Interviews With Hideous Men – …twenty-two stories that intertwine hilarity with an escalating disquiet to create almost unbearable tensions.
- Empire – …the new political order of globalization should be seen in line with our historical understanding of Empire as a universal order that accepts no boundaries or limits. A thoroughly boring historical/political book that I should love.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – I didn’t realize that the Harry Potter series was going to be seven parts; I had thought that it was going to only be five. I was surprise to find 2 copies of this book in the adult fiction section; I had been looking in the children’s section all of this time.
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Bible – I know that I suck cause I use FrontPage and not notepad. 😛
So Mike has decided that we need women in our lives and that we are going to Borders tomorrow to meet them. Personally, I am still waiting for us to somehow get back together stage, even though everybody else tends to think that it is a lost cause. Well, they can say “I told you so” when I am do waiting. Until then, I just stand here with my eyes closed, keeping the memories fresh and alive.
Still, I will head out with Mike. If nothing else, I can read computer magazines and see if the new Star Wars novel is out yet. Maybe I’ll grab an application for Borders too.
O.K. Time for my daily desert of cereal, and then I think I will get started on the Harry Potter book….
Current mood: content
Current music: Whitney Houston – My Love Is Your Love (Jonathan Peters Mix)
Well, some good news is that I just checked my BMI at eDiets and I am almost within normal range. It looks like starving myself mixed with keeping myself busy at work is paying off.
I had a dream that I wrote a poem, but then Mike woke me up and now I can’t remember any of it (Mike talks/yells in his sleep and sometimes I can hear it from my room). All I remember was something about the ‘wetness down my face’ and ‘the salty taste of my tears.’ There was something about hair too.
Anyway, Mike is already gone; Today is Rosh Hashanah, so I’m assuming that he is at temple or maybe we went to his uncle’s house in Marin. All I remember is that the next Jewish holiday is the one that he has to fast. Maybe I’ll fast with him or goto temple with him, I’ve never been to a Jewish church before.
Playing with Windows Media Player 9. I like the fact that there are lots of options to it I mean you can enter all of this stuff about the song and the album. You can also enter the lyrics and synch the lyrics to the song. And you can rate the song, and make playlists based on those rankings. The main thing that is pissing me off about it right now is how much resources it takes. I don’t remember if the old one took as much, but this one def. is sucking some resources from the computer. The other thing is that it’s doing something with my internet connection; like the Media player is always trying to access and download info. I was just watching my modem light blink on and off like crazy. I turned off the download song info and that seemed to stop it.
So today, once I wake up again (I had some Eggo’s and a cup of hot chocolate, so I’m getting sleepy again), I need to head out to the library and find some more books to devour. Maybe I’ll hang out at the park or the beach and try to improve my photography skills.
Current mood: sleepy
Current music: Depeche Mode – A Question Of Lust